We’re off to Batemans Bay for Christmas this year. Kami is in the cattery, we’ve had a family Christmas last weekend and tomorrow we’ll be packing our stuff to head off Thursday morning.
When we get there we’ll pick up our boot-load of seafood, and relax with champagne in hand with Bindy and family. We’ve rented a house together for the weekend and we’re looking forward to having a lot of fun.
Among my last minute preparations was throwing together a Santa sack for Lincoln. Bindy made Fraser one for his first Christmas and I never got around to organising one for Lincoln. Until tonight.
Need a last minute Santa sack?
- Buy one pillowcase – $4 on sale
- Buy contrasting fat quarter and length of gold ribbon (or check your stash) – $4
- Use adhesive stuff together with your contrasting fabric and cut letter shape with pinking shears (‘L’ is easy)
- Iron, peel off backing paper, iron again onto the pillowcase.
- Crazy freehand machine-stitch around letter
- Stuff with gifts and tie ribbon around top. Voila!
I wish all my readers and persistent comment spammers a lovely, peaceful Christmas. May your 2010 be blessed and fulfilling, and may the spammers get better paying jobs.